Structural Engineers Surveys
McCann can provide fast and efficient survey services on all
domestic, commercial and industrial properties throughout South Wales
Domestic reports are normally available within three working days from instruction
Standard inspections from £295 plus VAT
Inspections of specific defects from £195 plus VAT
- Standard Survey
This is a structural inspection of the visible, exposed and
accessible parts of the of the building. Click above for
- Other Options
We can add any options to the standard inspection. Alternatively any of these defects or any items from the standard
survey can be inspected separately.
What Is A Structural Engineer
Structural Engineers are specialist in building design, construction, repair, conversion and extension of all buildings. They are concerned with the foundations, walls,
columns, beams and roof members which form a building’s structure and ensure its stability.
They are involved in the design and construction of small buildings like schools, houses and shop units as well as major projects such as bridges, office blocks, factories, sports staid and hospitals.
When the stability of any property is affected by, for example, subsidence, fire, flooding, or explosion, it is the Structural Engineer who will be able to determine the degree of damage and suggest the necessary remedial action.
Structural Engineers may provide the following services:
- Surveying buildings including monitoring of cracks.
- Inspection and reporting on the condition of a structure
- Designing additions and alterations to existing structures.
- Proposing remedial works e.g. underpinning.
- Preparing alternative solutions.
- Selecting and specifying materials.
- Preparing drawings and calculations.
- Obtaining tenders and Building Regulations’ consent.
- Administering a contract for construction and repairs.
- Advising on structural matters in legal cases and disputes.